“Hold On” by Tom Waits
As heard in The Walking Dead.
Earlier today, I posted a question about which musician’s sudden death would get the biggest reaction from society, the music industry, and from you personally.
While I think a lot of the long-time stars like David Bowie, members of the Who, the Beatles, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. would all receive huge coverage and be sorely missed, I think I would be most personally affected by the following (in no particular order):
- Bob Dylan - because he’s always been there and he’s an American icon
- Bruce Springsteen - see Bob Dylan
- Gord Downey (singer of The Tragically Hip) -It’d be a Canadian day of mourning
- Tom Waits - because the world needs the impurity
- Margot Timmins (of Cowboy Junkies) - because the world needs the purity
- John Lombardo (of 10,000 Maniacs - I’d miss seeing him all the time at the Old Pink in Buffalo)
- Dave Grohl - he just seems so incredibly cool and passionate
- Steve Harris (bass player of Iron Maiden) - because they were my first favorite band and he has been there for all of it
- Eddie Vedder - again, with Dave Grohl, the passion for music and life
- Jack White - I think he might be this generation’s Hendrix - just from the respect he has for playing the guitar
Artist: Tom Waits
Song: Christmas Card From a Hooker in Minneapolis
Album: Blue Valentine
“I like smog, traffic, kinky people, car trouble, noisy neighbors, crowded bars, and spend most of my time in my car going to the movies.”
it’s crazy but i actually relate to him so much. i wish i could be like him.
It’s just time for some Tom Waits.
(Source: mulevariations, via goo22)
Tom Waits by George Dubose
Screw the Dos Equis guy - Tom Waits is the most interesting man in the world.
Cameras were invented so they could take pictures of him.